Sunday, November 1, 2009

A big weekend.

We haven't updated you guys for a while. But things have been quite busy for myself in the past week. Once again praise God that Ivan's visa extension was granted!

The weekend was a busy one. The youth threw a small surprise birthday thing for me on Saturday morning (I was so touched - they were so sweet), we had our bible study in the afternoon with the older kids, we went out to dinner with Church people that night and Sunday morning I was preaching.

I actually fell very ill in the middle of the night at 2am on Sunday. It was very very bad. I wanted to go to the toilet but nothing came out but then I vomited up a little bit as well. It was the most horrible feeling. I took some buscopan pills and felt a bit better but the feeling was still there in the morning. I took some more in the morning and prayed and rested before the service started. I felt a lot better by the time I had to go on stage.

The sermon went well - the message was translated well too. Problems I faced though:
1) Old people only speak the native language Taiwanese. So even though translated into Mandarin - most of the old people were falling asleep.
2) The sermon itself only went for about 25 mins right. But because of translation it went for double the time at least. So I know a fair few ppl were dozing off - youth don't usually come on Sunday mornings.
3) Not many youth came - probably too shy to come into Church or just piked out. The senior high school kids came to listen to the message though. So that was encouraging.

Not sure about conviction or if challenged - but overall, people were attentive and understood the message. I can't say much else except that I leave the work up to God. It was a good morning, and I thank God He provided healing for me.

For a more detailed weekend summary you can read my own personal blogsite:

Praise God though for all those who did attend the Sunday morning service and pray that they will go away thinking about what they heard and about the choice they need to make for eternal life.
Pray also for the students we do bible study with - they enjoy the time together but Saturday arvo's are quite tiring coz they also attend the youth in the morning as well - so it's a long day for them. Pray that they will want to follow Jesus with their whole lives.
Pray also for our health - Saturday night's episode was very scary - dont know if I want to conclude it was a spiritual attack but it came out of nowhere. I woke Ivan up at the time and I was like "Ivan...this is killing me..I feel like I'm dying." But that's probably coz I'm a drama queen. (it was REALLY painful though) Both Lily and Grace believe it to be so, especially being in Taiwan and doing God's work - there is lots of spiritual warfare in this area.

Thanks everyone for your continuous support and prayers. We appreciate it :)

1 comment:

  1. Hello again! I just said a quick prayer for your health (was concerned reading your post initially, but relieved to hear that u have recovered). Glad to hear that the sermon went well. Never mind the length/"problems" etc - main thing is that people listened & understood the message. You've left them with something significant to think about, which is what God would have wanted. God used u to plant the seeds of the gospel - as u said, leave the rest to God, He will take care of the rest.

    Take care, brothers! Have a blessed week! :)

    ReplyDelete